NCAA March Madness Selection Sunday: My #1’s
Here is a short post. I don’t have much time because of school work. Today is the first day of the best time of the year: Selection Sunday. Over the past couple years, there has been a trend: no real dominant team, but a handful of them. Here are my predictions for the #1 seeds. I just wanted to put them on record before the show airs tonight.
- University of North Carolina – They lost to FSU yesterday. So what. They are still one of the top 4 teams in the country, if not the best team in the country. I have a strong feeling for UNC to be the #1 overall team in the tournament.
- University of Connecticut – This team is very dangerous because they have very good guard (AJ Price) play and two experienced big men in Jeff Adrian and Hasheem Thabeet. Experienced coaching is good too.
- Pittsburgh University – I don’t really follow them. They will be the first #1 out. If Pittsburgh has a chance at this tourney, they will have to rely on their guards. Guard play is so important in the NCAA and Pitt has a lot of really good ones.
- Louisville University– will finish at least as finalists is the uber difficult Big East. That is impressive. Coach Pitino has them playing well.
WTF? 3 teams from the Big East as #1’s? That’s F’d. I hate the Big East. The ACC is the shit. I should put Memphis (even with their terrbible conference and RPI) as a #1 instead of Pitt.
- Memphis University – could be a #1 if the committee doesn’t want 3 Big East schools as #1’s.
- Duke University – at least finalists of the best conference in the nation.
- Wake Forest University – two words: Jeff Teague is awesome.
- Michigan State University – looked good until they got beat yesterday. Still good enough for a #2. Remember: Tom Izzo always manages to go far in March.
That’s it. Let’s see how it works out.