50MC’s NHL Notes.
I have nothing in particular to blog about, but there are a bunch of little things I would like to call your attention to. I guess you can say this is my half-assed attempt at being Paul Kukla for a day.
- did the New York Rangers win again yesterday? Did sean Avery play? Yeah they won. They beat the Eastern Conference leading, Boston Bruins. And yes, I did start Henrik Lundqvist in my fantasy pool. Nik Antropov looked good again, scoring his first goal on a give-and-go. He also assisted on Gomer’s PP goal.
- John Tavares broke the OHL scoring mark last night. Too bad he couldn’t finish his OHL career off in Oshawa. I watched him enough here in the Durham region, though. Well deserved record.
- Larry Brooks is speculating a Renney-Jagr reunion… in Edmonton! I read a few months ago that Ales Hemsky is good pals with Jaromir Jagr and is trying to coerce him out of Russia and back to the NHL. Hemsky needs a winger. Why not one of his countrymen, Jagr? Jagr belongs in the NHL. I love Jagr. I could definitely see Jagr playing in Edmonton next year. Not sure about Renney.
- speaking of Hemsky, he scored a goal and added an assist vs the Leafs on Saturday. This was one day after I called him out. If I were to call out another guy today, it would be Peter Mueller, who was scaratched yesterday for his horseshit play. Since the Coyotes don’t really need Mueller’s help because they aren’t going anywhere, I will officially call out Patrick Marleau. I am not going to post stats, but he has been a ghost the past 2 weeks. Step your game up, Cap’n.
- Ron Wilson not starting Martin Gerber tonight vs the Senators? What is your problem?
- What’s wrong with the Red Wings? Goaltending. I think they just want the playoffs to come.
- Before I go for the Canada-Italy game tonight at the Dome, I leave you with this weird thing: