NHL BCS Rankings
1. San Jose Sharks – Despite another home loss tonight and being a few points behind Boston in the overall NHL lead, Boston has 4 games in hand on the Sharks. If the two teams had to play a best of 7 series today, I would take the Sharks
2. Boston Bruins – The overall NHL points leader. They don’t seem to quit, making their standing legit.
3. Detroit Red Wings – A very close 3rd. I would take Detroit in a 7 game series against anyone except the Sharks. There is such a wide gap in goaltending between the Wings and the Bruins, which is what warrants the Bruins’ higher standing.
4. Washington Capitals – When it is all said and done, the Caps will have the forward and defenseman with the most goals.
5. New Jersey Devils – Unreal what they are doing without Brodeur. I will stand by my word (which i published on KK Blog): when he comes back, he cannot possibly be the guy to go every night.
6. Chicago Blackhawks – have slipped somewhat over the past few weeks, but still managing to win games. Kaner has to start scoring again.
7. Calgary Flames – not playing their best hockey at all. Iginla has not been scoring goals, but Cammalerri has.
8. Montreal Canadiens – playing worse hockey than the Flames. Robert Lang has been their best player all season and now he is gone. I believe in Alex Kovalev and I do believe he will go on a ridicuous scoring streak to end the season. If you are in fantasy pools, buy low on him (as well as Tom Plekanec).
9. Philadelphia Flyers – solid team all around. Nittymaki has swiped the tender duties away from Biron, though. They have to figure that out. I think Biron is the better choice. When Briere comes back, what happens to Carter’s production?
10. Florida Panthers – this team will make the playoffs, whether or not they trade J-Bo. If they do trade him, they will get a massive return that will have to supplement what he brings defensively and will also help them down the road (prospects & picks). But this team is legit. Richard Zednick’s goal was ridiculous last night. David Booth, Stephen Weiss are finally becoming go-to players. And my favorite Panther, former Oshawa General, Nathan Horton will elad this team into the playoffs.
11. New York Rangers – They team needs to learn how to score more. Lundqvist needs to be better. His Vezna nominee pick will come to an end this year
12. Anaheim Ducks – Bobby Ryan needs more playing time.
13. Buffalo Sabres – Drew Stafford needs more playing time.
14. Minnesota Wild – I hate their system, but it is effective because they have the best goalie in the game. This team has the potential to go far in the playoffs because they win close games, but they have to make it there first.
15. Dallas Stars – I saw a Dallas turnaround coming. The difference has been Marty Turco.
16. Edmonton Oilers – Ales Hemsky is one of the most dynamic forwards in the league. I don’t know why this team doesn’t score more. They have 3 offensive d-men, and a bunch of guys up front who can score. C’mon Oilers.
17. Pittsburg Penguins – How do you have two of the league best players and not in a playoff spot?
18. Columbus Jackets – Overplaying Steve Mason was a bad idea. I don’t understand Hitch’s philosophy. He will play Mason for 1000 straight games, but he won’t give Voracek or Filatov more than 2 minutes to wipe. These two guys are better prospects than Versteeg or any of the other rookie scoring leaders and yet they are not given the opportunity.
19. Vancouver Canucks – Alex Burrows sucks
20. Phoenix Coyotes – I thought this team would be better. Their speed and skill are perfect for the game today. Mueller was starting to pick it up then he got conc’d out. Jokinen has to better.
21. Carolina Hurricanes – What’s to like about this team? They are close to tobacco road and Duke and UNC play soon.
22. Los Angeles Kings – This team will crack the top-15 in the next week.
23. Tampa Bay Lightning – The mess has somewhat subsided. They are playing better under more almer environmen. Don’t trade Vin.
24. Nashville Predators – Not really much to say. The only thing that intrigues me about this team is Radulov. Trade his rights.
25. Colorado Avalanche – Sell. Sell. Sell Milan Hejduk while he is hot. Sell Ryan Smyth on his playoff grit. Build around Wolski and Stastny
26. St Louis Blues – This team is sick. They deserve to win more games. They just waived Legace
27. Ottawa Senators – watched the game last night and they played awesome. I like this Cory Colston dude.
28. Toronto Maple Leaves – Fuck Pogge. Fuck. What happened to you. You were supposed to be the next big thing. Fuck
29. Atlanta Thrashers – Erik Christiansen is underused.
20. New York Islanders – Josh Bailey is the truth.